- Human trafficking is modern day slavery
- Against their will, children are pulled out of orphanages and sold
- 27 million men, women and children are held as slaves
- It is the fastest growing organized crime activity in the world today
- Each year 2 million children are exploited in the global commercial sex trade
- There are more slaves in the world today than ever before in history
- The average cost of a slave around the world is $90.
- An estimated 30,000 victims of sex trafficking die each year from abuse and torture
- The internet is fuelling the need for more trafficked children
- Canada is ranked as a destination of trafficked victims – domestically and globally
NASHI Is Part Of The Solution
NASHI is TAKING ACTION. Founded in 2004 around a kitchen table we have become a group of dedicated volunteers, with no staff, but taking action against this tragedy. As a Canadian registered charity we are working locally and internationally. In Canada we speak about the brutal details and realities of trafficking. We hold conferences and seminars to make Canadians aware of this travesty.
Victor Malarek well-known CTV journalist, author and supporter of NASHI states:
"Everyone on this fragile planet has the capacity to reach out and touch the soul of someone less fortunate. If everyone did this, what an amazing world it would be. NASHI, and its devoted coterie of volunteers, have taken on a daunting task with a deep sense of mission and driving spirit. From Saskatoon, all the way across the Atlantic Ocean to Lviv, Ukraine, NASHI makes an incredible difference in the lives of so many abandoned orphans in Ukraine. They are to be commended for their work and their selfless dedication."
We invite you into our website to become familiar with our work and to better understand our project. We would also appreciate your donation and your membership to NASHI.