Our Children

NASHI is an entirely volunteer non-profit organization that is addressing the issue of human trafficking locally and globally. Our goal is to bring to light human trafficking around the world while funding and maintaining our Maple Leaf House for at-risk children in Ukraine.

Our Mission.

NASHI continues to be completely volunteer-based, with no salaried employees or directors. All the work is done by a small non-salaried Board plus a core of members and volunteers. As the Maple Leaf House grows to its capacity of 20 girls, we continue fundraising to cover the operating and maintenance costs, as well as to provide post-secondary education for the girls. Just like our own children, these girls are our responsibility until they are employed and able to care for themselves. We have girls ranging from 5 to 16 years old, so some will be our responsibility for more than 15 years. The annual Perogy Paradise will continue to act as our main fundraising event, with 40% of the proceeds covering our operating expenses. The remaining 60% of proceeds and 100% of all donations continue to be directed to our projects. Sustainability via monthly giving initiatives need your involvement.

The Maple Leaf House.

Maple Leaf House

The original Maple Leaf House building was an abandoned kindergarten that had been vacant for many years. A local general contractor was hired along with skilled local workers. Overgrowth and excess trees were cleared and interior demolition began. This was a long process that involved taking the structure down to bare brick and completely rebuilding the plumbing and wiring for the building. New flooring had to be poured and some interior structure replaced. The facility has dual heat sources with a boiler system that can utilize either natural gas or wood.

A Little Help From Canada

Several volunteer trips went to the project to provide labour. Here, some volunteers are removing old plaster and tile from the core interior brick walls. In order to build the rooms required, we raised the flat roof to create a 3rd floor with dormers. A local brick factory was re-opened to provide materials.

The Finished Home

Construction took several years and progressed as funding through donations and NASHI events became available. The result is a 13,000 square foot home with kitchen and dining areas, offices, laundry facilities, classrooms, common areas for socializing and play, bedrooms for 20 girls and 5 full bathrooms. There are two walls in the dining area decorated with maple leaf plaques showcasing the names of those who contributed to that initial construction and supported NASHI throughout.

Nashi News.

Fr. Ivan’s Fundraiser For NASHI

Fr. Ivan’s Fundraiser For NASHI

   Fr. Ivan chose NASHI to be one of his charities that he wants to support on his quadrathlon from July 11-18.  He does this as his own personal annual physical retreat.  This year he chose NASHI and it was so appropriate as we are celebrating our 20th Anniversary.  He will be swimming, canoeing, ruck marching and biking 400km – starting in Saskatoon and going to the forks of the North and South Saskatchewan River and then biking ...
NASHI Gives A Presentation On Human Trafficking To Teens And Young Adults

NASHI Gives A Presentation On Human Trafficking To Teens And Young Adults

NASHI, as part of our mandate, believes that presentations of human trafficking are vital to teens as this is the age most susceptible to being trafficked. Young people need to know what human trafficking is and how it happens so they can stay safe. Teens at this presentation learned the following: - How and what grooming takes place by traffickers - The various types of trafficking - The extent of trafficking locally and globally - ...
Summer 2024 Newsletter

Summer 2024 Newsletter

NASHI will celebrate incredible accomplishments the past 20 years. The NASHI family believes to make a difference in this world you have to “DO SOMETHING”. Our volunteers and donors are part of this invaluable family. NASHI is grateful and honoured to our supporters who have given us a remarkable 20 year history. The journey continues!

Stay Engaged

We’d Love to Stay in touch!

Please consider joining our newletter